Thursday, February 01, 2007

constantly changing..

"nothing is permanent in this world, except change"

Hmm.. I've forgotten who quoted that.. but I think, that is the most used, most cliche, and most abused line there is today..

People often use this as an excuse, sometimes valid but often times, as a DUMB excuse. And I, dear readers, is as guilty as charged. Everytime people commented on how much I've changed, both positive and negative but most of the time negative, I always use the excuse, "nothing is permanent in this world, except change".. Well its true isn't it? People, things, places, heck even animals, constantly change.. My only bad is, its so hard for me to accept the fact that I've changed that much.. So, what if I'm not the "f*cked" up person that I used to be? and I am the more "f*cked" up person now? Where is the big change in that? See? I'm in the defensive side again, and after sometime I'll be using that cliche line again..

People do change, their attitudes, their beliefs, the way they treat people, but that doesn't mean that they are not the same person we used to know.. They are still the same person, the same changed person though.. But that doesn't give us an excuse to change our ways everytime.. We do not have to change constantly just to please everyone, because WE JUST CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE!! that is so impossible.. People who don't appreciate us and expect us to undergo changes for them are idiots.. They may mean no harm.. But since we all are naturally social creatures, unconsciously we want to change just for their sake.. And once we have pleased them.. then we start displeasing others and the cycle goes on.. and that is where the unending and constant changes begin.. see where change comes from? not because it is the only thing permanent but because of our desire to try to please everyone..

Before.. I was also like that.. But not anymore.. Now, I change because I want all of you to see the real me.. Without pretenses, without my facade.. Just the real yvette.. Based on my super previous posts.. I always say that I've changed, I'm changing or I want to change, but it is just now that I realized that, I dont want to change, i am not changing and I never changed.. I just want to go back to who I really was, before I changed into someone else..

And that is what everyone calls maturity.. hahaha.. finally, I can proudly say that I have boldly taken the first to step to maturity.. dont ask why just now.. at least I took the step.. Yey!! Yvette Indiongco is finally turning into a LADY.. FINALLY!=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home