Monday, April 03, 2006

Baguio trip...

For the first time in my life, my parents allowed to go out of town with my classmates. At inde ung out of town na, malapit lang, my parents actually let me go with my friends to baguio, and not just an overnight trip but for 3 days and 2 nights. I was very excited because my ever so strict parents never let me go in trips like that.

Actually it was planned long time ago. We're just not sure if we could push through it or not. Firstly, because we don’t have a house to stay in. And the hotels there are so expensive. Secondly, baguio is not located just around the corner. It is six hours drive from manila. We're not sure if our parents would allow us or not. Thirdly, we don’t know who to invite. Then, the means of transpo, it is another added expense for us. And after the grueling and expensive project in IT102, I don’t think any of us can afford adding more and more credits to our liabilities (palakpakan ako at may natutunan ako sa IM..)

But as the month of March approaches, solutions to our problems came one by one. Regarding the house and the transpo, Dashelle's dad offered to shoulder all the expenses. Tito Daniel was a member in this village that leases houses to bakasyonistas like us. Nakakahiya nga the rental fee was 6k/night and the house is only good for 6 persons. Extra person is charged 440 each. Thank you Dash! Thank you Tito! Then the transportation, again Tito Daniel lent us their Hi-ace and had Uncle Lalo to drive for us. All we need to shoulder is the fuel and our food. Well that is lesser expense. We all agreed upon giving php25/day starting March 1 up to March 25. All in all that amounted to php625/head. Galing namin, for only php625 nasa Baguio na kame. Then, about the persons we'll invite. In the original plan there were 12 people who would go namely, Jamie, Dash, John, Carleen, Gisela, Mj, EZ, Jhapi, Tom, Joven, JR, and of course me. But as the planned date neared, nalalagas kame isa-isa, until it was down to only eight people(John, Dash, EZ, Jhapi, Mj, Carleen, Gisela, Yvette)

March 23 (Thursday)
Last day of examination. Our meeting place was at SM north at around 8pm. We left for Dashelle's house after everyone has arrived. Then we left for Baguio 3am the next day.

March 24(Friday)
Got to Baguio at around 1:00pm. Dapat mas maaga, but the van over heated somewhere along Marcos highway, yeah we took Marcos highway route instead of Kennon Road. Sayang nga, I was hoping to see the exciting zigzag road pa naman. Anyway, we had lots of stop-over. Indeed, the van literally did stop. But it was fun, we even took pictures along the highway just to pass time.

singit si dash oh!
Image hosting by Photobucket

blue background

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

When we got to Baguio City, our first itinerary was SM Baguio’s food court. We were so hungry, our last decent meal was last night. And even the junk foods we brough with us wasn’t enough to satisfy our grumbling stomachs. Then we went to the grocery to buy some supplies. We bought meat, rice and all the necessary ingredients for the meals we are going to cook.. And the last stop for the day was the house. Wow! Feeling VIP talaga kame. It was located somewhere on top of Baguio pa. You could see the city from there. And the house, it has two rooms actually three. One for the boys, one for the girls and one for Uncle Lalo. And each room has its own bathroom. We first fixed our things and put in the refrigerator everything that is needed to be in the ref. Then we took turns on taking a bath. Nanlilimahid na ako, after that, I fell asleep. Sobrang puyat cguro, I was up all night the other day reviewing kase. So I’m really sleep deprived. At around 8pm, John woke me up for dinner. At first I was only wearing a shirt and a short shorts, when I woke up, I was freezing so I changed into my pajamas. Sobrang lamig at nagjacket na din ako. After eating dinner, John and the others went out to buy some drinks while me, gigi, carleen and mj were left at the house. Bonding moments, kwentuhan lang ng kung ano-ano. When John and the company came back, the drinking session began. That night I was introduced to tequila. Then after drinking we played charades. Nakakatawa talaga, MJ and Jhapi were the star of the night. We decided to sleep around 12am, aga noh?

March 25(Saturday)
Again, it was the guys who woke us up. Before sleeping, I locked the door to prevent the guys from entering and bugging our precious beauty sleep. But that didn’t keep them from waking us up. I don’t know why but they woke up very early, imagine, we turned in at around 12am and still they woke up at around 6am to cook breakfast. Don’t they sleep at all? Well, after breakfast, we were all set to go.

First stop was, Lourdes Grotto. We did a walkathon up to the top step. And if I remembered it right, all in all it was almost 200 steps. I think after that, I already lost a pound or two. Then, the Bell Church. It was a Buddhist temple. Also took pictures there. Next was the strawberry farm where we bought fresh strawberries, strawberry ice cream, strawberry flavored taho, strawberry wine, strawberry candy.. hay.. everything there must be related to strawberries. Then, we went to mines view, riding park (in which we didn’t ride because we ran out of money..=p), camp john hay and Burnham park.. At Burnham, we rented a bike and a boat. In the boat ride, we split into two groups. I was with Carleen, EZ, and Gigi. Hinde kame pare-pareho marunong magsagwan, we ended up going in circles. In the end, the other group had to tie us up in their boats and drag us to the docking area. Kakahiya..

Lourdes Grotto.. nawawala si EZ
Image hosting by Photobucket

Reach for the sky..
Image hosting by Photobucket

The OC in Baguio
Image hosting by Photobucket

row, row, row your boat..
Image hosting by Photobucket

mines view
Image hosting by Photobucket

models of modess
Image hosting by Photobucket

Then, dahil pagod na kame at sobrang gutom, we went back to the house. John and I prepared dinner. Assistant lang ako, I don’t know how to cook. So I did the slicing, etc. we served dinner at around 10. Then, we went to the club house. Waah,.. the house we’re staying at was located in a high place but the club house was in a higher place. As we were walking, (we walked para bumaba kinaen namen) the fog was getting thicker and thicker. I can’t even see the person walking beside me. Alas, when we reached the club house, it was already closed. So, we had no choice but go back. On the way back, we decided to go and see the mini grotto inside the village. And here comes the funny part. There was a part in the grotto where there were benches. That part was covered by the trees, and at that time we had no idea that there were benches there and that people could go at that part of the grotto. John, Dash and Jhapi were brave enough to see the grotto up close while I stayed at the path walk near the lamp post. Then things started to get creepy. The fog got thicker then Dash said, “May tao ba dun? Parang may tao ah”. And she was pointing at the dark part of the grotto. I got scared and started running. Aba nakitakbo na din sila. EZ and MJ got left behind. Tapos, nung nahabol nila kame, EZ said, “Totoong tao un. Mga Korean.” It was so embarrassing, we looked back and they were all laughing at us. Napahiya na kame so we decided to head back to the house. After fixing ourselves, we played card games like 123 pass and name-calling. And whoever loses will have to drink another shot of tequila. Eh mahina ako sa memory so I always lose in the name calling. By the end of the night I was feeling warm and fuzzy and my head is pounding. We again transferred to the guys room. I was getting really sleepy so tinabihan ko na si John at inde ko na namalayan na natulugan ko na pala sila.

nawawala si gigi
Image hosting by Photobucket

me, jhapi, dash and john
Image hosting by Photobucket

brr.. cold..
Image hosting by Photobucket

at the girls room..
Image hosting by Photobucket

March 26(Sunday)

Tinulak ako ni John kaya ako nagising! John’s bed was a single bed. Good for only one person. I also woke up when he did. We checked out at exactly 12noon. The plan was we will hear mass at the Baguio Cathedral, but because we all woke up late, we just offered a short silent prayer. We had lunch at SM Baguio. And then we went home. Because we were all sleep deprived, we just slept the trip away. We got to Manila at around 9pm. Dash dropped us off at SM north and Daddy picked me up there.

I am so happy. It was the first time my parents allowed me to go with my friends somewhere that far, and it was for three days. I feel so independent and proud of myself. At least now, I’ve proven that my parents trust me more than I expect them. I am really really happy. Hope we could do that again. Hmm.. sana Boracay na next time..=p

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it was good that tito finally allowed you to go. congrats. glad you had fun. i miss you girl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home