Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's NOT an amusement park..='(

Last Saturday, November 8, my college friends (Jhapi, JR, Ryan, Almie, Judith, EZ, Carleen, Ralph) and I went to Star City to de-stress and wind out. I was excited the whole week before November 8 itself. My last time in Star City was years ago, as in 10++ years ago. It was when Star City was still an amusement park.

We decided to meet up in Edsa LRT station. Of course, as expected, I got lost. Nothing new with that. Then from there, we took a cab (two separate cabs) to star city.

The moment I entered Star City, I was immediately disappointed by the environment that welcomed me. It's NOT an amusement park, it's more of an tianggean (bazaar). There were different stalls everywhere; accessories, cellphones, video games, game consoles, food, clothes, name it, star city has them.

The place is so small and crampy, you can't help but feel claustrophobic. There were even indoor rides which I think should not be indoors i.e. Vikings (Star City's version of EK's Anchor's Away). They also have two horror houses (trying hard horror house) which is no different from each other, I'm wondering why they even put the effort to do two of them. I'm a self-confessed scaredy-cat, certified coward, and I have a wild imagination. But those two horror houses did not scare me. Oh well, a bit perhaps. It was dark inside, I hate the dark, and the sounds are creepy. But all in all it was as scary as I expected. Though, at some parts of the house, Ralph was holding me like a father would hold his kid to prevent her from running away and getting lost somewhere inside the house.=)). There were also screaming high school students (by the way they look an act, I assumed they are HS students) who kept on tugging on Ralph's shirt, much to his irritation. =))

Next to the not-so-scary horror houses was Star City's pride, Snow World. In fairness to them, they did well on their Snow World. They claim that the temperature inside is -15degrees celcius, well I doubt that. If the temperatute there was -15, we would have already frozen the moment we stepped in, what with the super thin "thermal" jacket they provided. But I enjoyed the slides, really. Especially the long one. Sliding on ice is a nice experience. =). One more thing that is nice about Snow World is you can enter again and again and there is no time limit. Well, that is if you can stand the cold. =)

After Snow World, we then tried the outdoor rides. Over looking the uber long lines (lucky us, it seems that all schools have chosen Star City as their field trip destination that day) we had fun. We first tried the SurfDance ride. It's a rectangular shaped ride that can accomodate 4 persons in a row. since we're odd numbered (9), we opted to divide ourselves into 3. The ride goes up and down while doing a almost 90degree turn, or something like that. It was exciting, scary, fun and everything. Next is the mini roller coaster. Mini because, compared to Space shuttle of EK, the ride only lasted for a few seconds. And compared to EK's space shuttle, I felt safer in the mini roller coaster of Star City. First, their seatbelt is tighter and I've never heard YET of an accident which involves their roller coaster. So there. As I've mentioned before, we were odd numbered, so 1 would have no pair. But JR didn't want to ride so it evens up are number. Supposedly. my pair would be Ralph, but the line was cut-off so only me, Ralph, Ryan, Judith, and Almie were the first ones to ride. And I was the one who got separated. The only available seat was the first carriage. I have a seatmate but I don't know him. And maybe whoever he is, its either he found me super funny or irritating. The ride haven't started yet but I was already saying 'ohmigod.ohmigod.ohmigod.' and when the ride was released, i was screaming for all my life's worth. I dared not close my eyes, for I was scared that the next time I open them I'll be dead already (speak of paranoid).

After those two rides, I was dizzy as hell. Dinner came next. I thought I wont be able to push even a bite thru my throat or I'll throw up. But I was able to do it. A hungry person, dizzy or not is still hungry. Nothing can separate her from her food.=))

We planned to enter Snow World again, but in the middle of our long wait in the line to ride the bump cars, we all changed our mind. We're already SO tired all I want is my cozy bed, not a trying hard -15degree freezer.

So after the bump car ride, we decided to go home. We all went our separate ways with big smiles plastered on our faces. Star City may not be the amusement park I was expecting, but with good company, nothing can go wrong. =)

Labas tayo ulit guys! Swimming naman next.=D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home