Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Curiosity killed the cat

I don't really know which one is worse;
*knowing even though what you know may hurt you
or
*not knowing anything at all.

I was once told by a friend that some things are better left alone. That some people are not meant to know things they shouldn't know. But people cant help themselves. They are human beings. CURIOUS human beings to be exact. Sometimes we do things, even extreme things, in order to know some things. Even though these things migh hurt us in the end.

The other day, I was playing tag with my cousins. We had this, semi-family reunion. All my relatives, well almost all, from my mother's side were present. My uncle who just came home rented a private resort for all of us to enjoy. There were unlimited foods and water (count the chlorine-cured pool water). And it was a first since a very long time since we're all together like that. At first, I didn't really wanted to go. Firstly, we had to leave the house so eraly and I am always lazy in the morning. Also, it's the hottest summer ever, the sun can kill if it wanted to and I don't want to get sunburned. But my mom was able to persuade me. it didn't occured to me that I would have so much fun.

My cousins and I had so much catching up to do. And that one whole day is not enough.

But while my cousins and I were having intimate bonding sessions, my phone rung. It was a call I did not expect, well I was waiting for that call, but I did not expected it to call that day.

2 years ago. There was something that I was so curious about, I'll give anything in return just to find it out. Well, I was still actually clueless up until the other day.

My caller didn't even let me butt in another word after I said the customary "hello" over the phone. He did all the talking, nonstop. It was surreal, the things he's saying all seems fantasy; they were all the things I wanted, needed to hear from him 2yrs ago. Everything is so fast; Until he came to the most important, crucial part. He stopped for a minute or so. I dare not speak a word because of the fear that one word from me will break the spell. Then he continued; and what came next was pain and happiness combined; in its most unadulterated form.

Not knowing something is painful and disturbing; but KNOWING is more PAINFUL and more DISTURBING than one can ever imagine. That's why sometimes, it is better not to know.

Curiosity killed the cat, but the answers sent the cat to HELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home