Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When it happens, it happens all at once..

For someone who has no sense of direction at all; I sure know how to find my way to trouble, BIG trouble.

It was my dad's birthday last Friday; I wasn't able to celebrate with him for one obvious reason. Last Friday was Good Friday, I was somewhere far. You know, a remote place where you have to be at the rooftop just to get a decent signal for your mobile phones.

So as to make-up for not being there on his birthday, I planned to surprise him by going to his office bringing this overly-priced cake and cheap wine while singing "Happy Birthday to you!"

Well, that was the planned.. until my oh-so-great sense of direction started to betray me. Will you please tell me,

"Can a person get lost on her way home while taking the road she's been taking her whole life?"

No normal person can. And that is the reason, I've admitted, for a long time already, that I am not a normal person. Would you believe it, I've been to Recto(a place in manila) for at least a hundred times already and I still did not know that it was called Recto?

In no time, I was already asking my dad and everyone else for directions. So much for the surprise.

It is always like that. Even though I've been to a particular place for many consecutive times already, when I stop coming to that place for a while then go back, nothing would seem familiar anymore.

Another example is SM Megamall. Back then, when life was all honey and roses, my mom and dad will always take me there to ice skate. But when life took a sharp turn, everything changed. blahblahblah...(no need to go into the details) what I'm pointing at is? "Who the heck gets lost in shopping malls nowadays?" well, except for children that is. But I'm not a child anymore. I am a 20year old lady already; a 20year old who still gets lost in malls. What a shame!

That's not all. If my stupid sense of direction is not worse enough; I happen to bump into someone that I've been avoiding for 1 year now. And because of that, decisions were made and mistakes were once again committed.

As of now, I am already in a BIG trouble and with the look of things, I think I'm heading for a much bigger one. God help me.

As I have mentioned above, For someone who has no sense of direction at all; I sure know how to find my way to trouble, BIG trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home