Sunday, January 27, 2008

my 2007 in a nutshell

I am one lazy bitch..

CALL OUT: "Help! Someone who is willing to fix this godforsaken template of my mine.. help me please!"

------------------------
I welcomed 2007, a big big smile
Joy and happiness that lasted for a while
The feel of January so sweet and cold
Another year has come another chance to grow old

The color of red and scented flowers ablaze
Came with February, left a bittersweet taste
Hoped for the better, prepared for the worse
Waiting for something to quench the undying thirst

The heat was unbearable, a sense of loss
Summer is here, drying the remaining moss
Ups and downs, Pains and tears
We all stand tall as we faced our greatest fear.

Dry spell goes on, a promise of draught
Weary hearts that beats, a partner it soughts
Caught off-guard, it was ripped into two
Betrayed by one thing which it believed was true.

Come forth May, a futile hope
Of a lasting friendship that hangs on a thin rope
The rope was cut, nothing to hold on to
Left with nothing but a memory of me and you

Rainy season of June, a shameless lie
still summer remains and a big sigh
Another rope of friendship was threatening to
Strain itself and cut it through.

July, you came at last
A promise of wind and rain so vast
Yet nothing still but a dry dry feel
I think Mr. Weatherman still haven't turned the wheel

Here comes August, storms here and there
Keep safe inside a warm shelter
Blazing fire, sweet chocolate
One Tight hug, a game of fate

Every now and then we all wait
For his arrival, he is never late
Mr. September, brings with him the jolly air
Of Holidays and festive seasons we all share

A much even colder breeze is brought upon
By October, a month so fun
Realizations, painstakingly true
Failures and losses, to mention a few

Happy Halloween to everybody, a horrible mistake
But at least thru that I knew what is genuine from fake
I swallowed my pride, twas' thrown back at me
Tattered and broken, beyond repair you see

Now I come to the last part of the year
As I look back I realized that I've laughed more laughter and cried enough tears
The spirit of giving, forgiving and love
I thank everyone especially the One Above

That's it, my past year I see
Full of blessings, I thank Thee
With fair-share of sorrows and failures and tears
But I still stood up and conquered my fears.

Hurt, hate, anger and pride
I left them all, to look at the bright side
I've burned my bridges, Im facing a new one
With confidence that I'll be able to cross it before 2008's sun goes down.
---------------------------------------------
That was it,, My 2007 in a nutshell... My 2007 isn't the best year of my life but it was definitely better than 2006..

I have my fair-share of misdoings, failures and everything that comes with it but I also have abundance of blessings that I should be grateful of.

Now, I look forward to 2008 with a brave heart and a solid determination to make the best out of it. This may not be my best year thus yet, but I'll still make this better, much better, than 2007.

Cheers to all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home