Friday, February 01, 2008

confessions of a judgmental coed : masked girl

-------------------------------------------------------------------

She wiped her tears. She didn't mind the heavy traffic she was in. Normally, her other two friends are with her, but tonight Jay and Brian wasn't able to make it. They have a scheduled game tonight so Maika would have to go home alone.

The engine revved up again. Thru blurry tears, she can't help but notice the alternate blinking of colored lights from the houses. It's christmas already. Again tears begun blurring her vision.

This time of the year brings back so many fond memories. Of what was lost and what can never be found again. SO much have changed over the past year. Some are good, some are bad.

As Maika reminisced, her tears didn't stopped from falling. She might've looked like an idiot to the other passengers of the jeepney, but she could only careless. She did a good job today. She'd been strong all day (or at least she pretends to). And it robbed off all of her strength. So tonight, all her emotional barriers are kinda down. She was unmasked, and the tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"Miss, are you okay?"

Maika woke up from her reverie, she looked up to see where the voice came from. It was from the guy in front of her, smiling at her with a tinge of concern. She hastily wiped her tears before smiling back.

Maika put on her mask again. Ready for another day of pretending.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not an original idea. I got this from an acquaintance blog. It just appealed to the writer in me. So here.

I'm getting tired of pretending to be strong when actually I am not. I am a fraud. People should stop pretending that they understand how I feel or assuming that they understand how I feel, when they really don't.

I have so many things to tell at least one important person to me. But I can't find the right words to say, not that she is willing to listen. Everything, the friendship, the laughter, everything we've been through disappeared in the blink of an eye. And yet I wasn't able to tell her that I considerED her as one of my best friends.

And as I have said to another friend, it's too late now. Everything I've done is now irreversible. Nothing can be brought back to how it used to be. I know my faults, each and every one of them, but of course I REFUSE TO ADMIT THEM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home