Monday, September 29, 2008

Piano Concerto - LOVE..=D

Last Saturday I attended my 2nd piano concerto (and that is counting the recital in which I played myself..=D).

Last week, my Mom told me that Aunt Jane is inviting us over for a birthday concerto for someone named Robert Coyiuto. My initial reaction was, 'who the hell is Robert Coyiuto?' I had no idea. My mom said that the Coyiuto were a family friend but I don't know them. Mommy also told me that Auntie Jane would be calling me anytime this week and would be sending my own invite for the concerto.

I may not know who Coyiuto is, but I won't let an opportunity like this pass. I'm not really good with piano, but somehow I know how to play. I even joined a recital back in my young-younger days. Yup, I played in a recital; with my Fleur Elise piece and my frilly-lacy-yellow dress with ribbons or was it ribbons with a dress?

I was 10 then. I remembered, I struggled to finish my piece. I was never the star student back then. I am one of those students who always get scolded by my mentor for not memorizing my pieces. But I enjoy playing the piano so much. I enjoy hearing good piano pieces. I enjoy everything about pianos.

So a chance like last saturday? I won't let that pass. I was supposed to go with a friend but he wasn't able to make it in time. So I just went with my parents. Met some old friends. Reunited with long lost friends. And found out that Coyiutos are really family friends. Auntie Jane, before she became a Cuyecheng, was a Coyiuto. So that's basically it.

It was a musical night. Musical, nostalgic night. The performes were all GOOD, no scratch that, the performers were the BEST! Someday, somehow, I can be as good as them too.=D

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Vetsky.... I am a classmate ( GCHS '76) of your Aunt Jane Coyiuto... can you put me in contact with her... Tell her my name is Reggie, my wife is Judy who is also our classmate... can she e-mail me at reggwu@ms3.hinet.net we are currently living in Taiwan! Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home